Emoji is a funny and unique way to express your thoughts and emotions to people who interact with you online. Even in ordinary messaging, we use it during informal conversations. Usually, emojis are built and equipped with operating systems. This is the norm on all smartphones including Android and iOS OS. However, a few years ago, Apple introduced memojis. The concept is about using animated emojis from the user’s face. Now, Android device users can also make their Face emojis.
If you use a smartphone / tablet that runs on Android OS, then you can make your face emojis. This feature is available on Gboard. This is called Emoji Minis. I have outlined the steps that you can use to make personal emojis. Make sure you are running the latest version of Gboard on your Android device.
Create Your Own Face Emoji on Android
Here are the steps. I should mention that if you use other third-party keyboard applications, then you must change the working keyboard to Gboard. The steps that I have described here only work for the Gboard application and nothing else.
- Open any application such as Gmail where you will need Gboard.
- When the keyboard appears, tap the icon that I highlighted on the screenshot.
- make a special sticker.
- Gboard will ask for your permission to click on your face selfie. Tap on Allow
- Then your face photo will be clicked and processed [this step will take time, so be patient]
- You will be given a set of 3 face emojis that have close resemblance to your facial expressions.
- The animated emoji will be similar to the expression you see in the default emoji.
- You can adjust the appearance of the emoji face. You can change your hair style, dress color, or put earrings on your ears.
- When finished with adjustments, face emojis will appear in the emoji section.
- Tap and select the emoji you like.
So, that’s how you can turn your face into an Emoji on whatever Android device you use. I like it because this emoji is unique on my face and also different from ordinary old school emoticons. If you don’t know about this, follow this guide and try it now. I hope this tutorial is informative.